ine students and a teacher were killed Tuesday when a mortar slammed into a 9th-grade classroom at the al-Batiha school in the Damascus suburbs, according to state media. Early reports suggested that 30 people had been killed, but that number was later revised. The violence comes as Syrian forces fire artillery at rebel targets in and around the capital and the international community grows increasingly alarmed about the regime's chemical weapons.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Black Death is back
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Why Texas just became 2014's biggest sideshow
Subscribe to the Week