Iran's state-run media on Tuesday reported that it had captured a U.S. drone, a claim that was immediately denied by the U.S. Navy. The Navy, which has a robust presence in the Persian Gulf, said all its drone were accounted for, though analysts noted that the CIA and several of Iran's neighbors could very well be operating drones in the region. Iran's claim comes a little less than a month after the Pentagon reported Iranian warplanes had fired on a Predator drone, raising concerns that tensions between the two sides could escalate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week