Iran's state-run media on Tuesday reported that it had captured a U.S. drone, a claim that was immediately denied by the U.S. Navy. The Navy, which has a robust presence in the Persian Gulf, said all its drone were accounted for, though analysts noted that the CIA and several of Iran's neighbors could very well be operating drones in the region. Iran's claim comes a little less than a month after the Pentagon reported Iranian warplanes had fired on a Predator drone, raising concerns that tensions between the two sides could escalate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week