ran's state-run media on Tuesday reported that it had captured a U.S. drone, a claim that was immediately denied by the U.S. Navy. The Navy, which has a robust presence in the Persian Gulf, said all its drone were accounted for, though analysts noted that the CIA and several of Iran's neighbors could very well be operating drones in the region. Iran's claim comes a little less than a month after the Pentagon reported Iranian warplanes had fired on a Predator drone, raising concerns that tensions between the two sides could escalate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week