Iran's state-run media on Tuesday reported that it had captured a U.S. drone, a claim that was immediately denied by the U.S. Navy. The Navy, which has a robust presence in the Persian Gulf, said all its drone were accounted for, though analysts noted that the CIA and several of Iran's neighbors could very well be operating drones in the region. Iran's claim comes a little less than a month after the Pentagon reported Iranian warplanes had fired on a Predator drone, raising concerns that tensions between the two sides could escalate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week