What's this in my burrito?
An Atlanta woman claims she found a nose ring in her daughter’s McDonald’s breakfast burrito. Frances Rosario says she purchased two burritos at her local McDonald’s, one for herself and one for her 4-year-old daughter. As her daughter was about to bite into her burrito, Rosario observed a “piece of jewelry” protruding from it. “I’m like, ‘What the heck is this?’” Rosario said. It was a nose ring, apparently belonging to a food preparer. The fast-food chain hasn’t yet responded to her complaint.
Britney Spears's nervous habit
Makeup artists for The X Factor are trying everything to stop Britney Spears from biting her nails, says the National Enquirer. Spears, 31, is a compulsive nail-biter, and a source says she has been under so much stress both personally and professionally that “there’s hardly anything left to even glue a fake nail onto.” In desperation, the makeup artists have started applying a special, bitter-tasting nail polish, but acerbic co-host Simon Cowell has already predicted that Spears will soon “get used to the taste.”
German motorist bombs Breathalyzer test
A German motorist was arrested for drunk driving after he mistook a Breathalyzer for a cellphone. Arresting officers say that when they handed a slurring and visibly wobbly Bernhard Becker, 41, the breath-test device and asked him to blow into it, Becker instead tried using it to call his lawyer to ask for legal advice. “We didn’t really need the reading,” said a police spokesman. “There aren’t many sober people who’d do that.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week