What's this in my burrito?
An Atlanta woman claims she found a nose ring in her daughter’s McDonald’s breakfast burrito. Frances Rosario says she purchased two burritos at her local McDonald’s, one for herself and one for her 4-year-old daughter. As her daughter was about to bite into her burrito, Rosario observed a “piece of jewelry” protruding from it. “I’m like, ‘What the heck is this?’” Rosario said. It was a nose ring, apparently belonging to a food preparer. The fast-food chain hasn’t yet responded to her complaint.
Britney Spears's nervous habit
Makeup artists for The X Factor are trying everything to stop Britney Spears from biting her nails, says the National Enquirer. Spears, 31, is a compulsive nail-biter, and a source says she has been under so much stress both personally and professionally that “there’s hardly anything left to even glue a fake nail onto.” In desperation, the makeup artists have started applying a special, bitter-tasting nail polish, but acerbic co-host Simon Cowell has already predicted that Spears will soon “get used to the taste.”
German motorist bombs Breathalyzer test
A German motorist was arrested for drunk driving after he mistook a Breathalyzer for a cellphone. Arresting officers say that when they handed a slurring and visibly wobbly Bernhard Becker, 41, the breath-test device and asked him to blow into it, Becker instead tried using it to call his lawyer to ask for legal advice. “We didn’t really need the reading,” said a police spokesman. “There aren’t many sober people who’d do that.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week