What's this in my burrito?
An Atlanta woman claims she found a nose ring in her daughter’s McDonald’s breakfast burrito. Frances Rosario says she purchased two burritos at her local McDonald’s, one for herself and one for her 4-year-old daughter. As her daughter was about to bite into her burrito, Rosario observed a “piece of jewelry” protruding from it. “I’m like, ‘What the heck is this?’” Rosario said. It was a nose ring, apparently belonging to a food preparer. The fast-food chain hasn’t yet responded to her complaint.
Britney Spears's nervous habit
Makeup artists for The X Factor are trying everything to stop Britney Spears from biting her nails, says the National Enquirer. Spears, 31, is a compulsive nail-biter, and a source says she has been under so much stress both personally and professionally that “there’s hardly anything left to even glue a fake nail onto.” In desperation, the makeup artists have started applying a special, bitter-tasting nail polish, but acerbic co-host Simon Cowell has already predicted that Spears will soon “get used to the taste.”
German motorist bombs Breathalyzer test
A German motorist was arrested for drunk driving after he mistook a Breathalyzer for a cellphone. Arresting officers say that when they handed a slurring and visibly wobbly Bernhard Becker, 41, the breath-test device and asked him to blow into it, Becker instead tried using it to call his lawyer to ask for legal advice. “We didn’t really need the reading,” said a police spokesman. “There aren’t many sober people who’d do that.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week