40% of Americans describe themselves as “very religious,” attending church regularly, and incorporating their faith into their daily lives. 29% are “moderately religious,” and 31% are “nonreligious.” Religiousness is highest in Southern states and among blacks and Mormons, and lowest among Jews.
66% of adults use Facebook, and 16% use Twitter. Among people ages 18 to 29, 92% use Facebook and/or Twitter, compared with 57% of those 50 to 64.
Pew Research Center
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
Subscribe to the Week