40% of Americans describe themselves as “very religious,” attending church regularly, and incorporating their faith into their daily lives. 29% are “moderately religious,” and 31% are “nonreligious.” Religiousness is highest in Southern states and among blacks and Mormons, and lowest among Jews.
66% of adults use Facebook, and 16% use Twitter. Among people ages 18 to 29, 92% use Facebook and/or Twitter, compared with 57% of those 50 to 64.
Pew Research Center
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week