40% of Americans describe themselves as “very religious,” attending church regularly, and incorporating their faith into their daily lives. 29% are “moderately religious,” and 31% are “nonreligious.” Religiousness is highest in Southern states and among blacks and Mormons, and lowest among Jews.
66% of adults use Facebook, and 16% use Twitter. Among people ages 18 to 29, 92% use Facebook and/or Twitter, compared with 57% of those 50 to 64.
Pew Research Center
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week