40% of Americans describe themselves as “very religious,” attending church regularly, and incorporating their faith into their daily lives. 29% are “moderately religious,” and 31% are “nonreligious.” Religiousness is highest in Southern states and among blacks and Mormons, and lowest among Jews.
66% of adults use Facebook, and 16% use Twitter. Among people ages 18 to 29, 92% use Facebook and/or Twitter, compared with 57% of those 50 to 64.
Pew Research Center
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Why the FDA's new antibiotic rules fall short
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The toughest question for 2016 Democratic presidential candidates
Subscribe to the Week