40% of Americans describe themselves as “very religious,” attending church regularly, and incorporating their faith into their daily lives. 29% are “moderately religious,” and 31% are “nonreligious.” Religiousness is highest in Southern states and among blacks and Mormons, and lowest among Jews.
66% of adults use Facebook, and 16% use Twitter. Among people ages 18 to 29, 92% use Facebook and/or Twitter, compared with 57% of those 50 to 64.
Pew Research Center
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
Subscribe to the Week