Palmetto Bluff, a luxury resort in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, is offering a couple’s special Dec. 20–30 that starts at $495 a night and includes dinner, a $100 resort credit, and champagne upon arrival.
Through Jan. 15, Sofitel is offering three nights for the price of two—plus an all-chocolate buffet—at a number of its cosmopolitan locations, including Paris, Luxembourg, and Hanoi. Rates at some locations start at $60 per night.
Six Flags getaway
The Westin La Cantera resort in Texas’s Hill Country combines amusement-park thrills and luxury accommodations. Through Dec. 31, rates start at $269 a night for two-night stays and include two tickets to Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week