Palmetto Bluff, a luxury resort in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, is offering a couple’s special Dec. 20–30 that starts at $495 a night and includes dinner, a $100 resort credit, and champagne upon arrival.
Through Jan. 15, Sofitel is offering three nights for the price of two—plus an all-chocolate buffet—at a number of its cosmopolitan locations, including Paris, Luxembourg, and Hanoi. Rates at some locations start at $60 per night.
Six Flags getaway
The Westin La Cantera resort in Texas’s Hill Country combines amusement-park thrills and luxury accommodations. Through Dec. 31, rates start at $269 a night for two-night stays and include two tickets to Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week