Palmetto Bluff, a luxury resort in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, is offering a couple’s special Dec. 20–30 that starts at $495 a night and includes dinner, a $100 resort credit, and champagne upon arrival.
Through Jan. 15, Sofitel is offering three nights for the price of two—plus an all-chocolate buffet—at a number of its cosmopolitan locations, including Paris, Luxembourg, and Hanoi. Rates at some locations start at $60 per night.
Six Flags getaway
The Westin La Cantera resort in Texas’s Hill Country combines amusement-park thrills and luxury accommodations. Through Dec. 31, rates start at $269 a night for two-night stays and include two tickets to Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week