Palmetto Bluff, a luxury resort in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, is offering a couple’s special Dec. 20–30 that starts at $495 a night and includes dinner, a $100 resort credit, and champagne upon arrival.
Through Jan. 15, Sofitel is offering three nights for the price of two—plus an all-chocolate buffet—at a number of its cosmopolitan locations, including Paris, Luxembourg, and Hanoi. Rates at some locations start at $60 per night.
Six Flags getaway
The Westin La Cantera resort in Texas’s Hill Country combines amusement-park thrills and luxury accommodations. Through Dec. 31, rates start at $269 a night for two-night stays and include two tickets to Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
Subscribe to the Week