Death Star Planetarium
Perfect for the young Star Wars fans in the family, this mini planetarium allows them a “choice of projections: Earth’s night sky or a galaxy far, far away.” Runs on three AA batteries.
Red Toolbox Soccer Table
This kit “helps children advance their skill sets” even before the games begin. Assembly and finishing require some sawing, gluing, and sanding, but children 8 and older should be up to it.
Doc McStuffins ‘Time For Your Checkup’ Doll
One of the “hottest holiday toys of 2012” comes from the new Disney Channel show about a 6-year-old girl who plays doctor to her toys. Both ‘Doc’ and her pal Lambie talk, and the aspiring young physician also checks temperature and heartbeat.
Razor Pocket ModElectric Scooter
Razor’s new electric scooter brings a bit of vintage Italian flair to the cul-de-sac. This mini scooter has twist-grip acceleration and under-seat storage, and can reach 15 mph. Walmart predicts it’ll be one of the season’s most requested toys.
Source: Manchester, N.H., Union Leader
Magnetic Comic Strip Kit
“Instead of just reading comic books, kids write their own using a dry-erase marker and this magnetic comic-strip kit.” The set includes more than 20 flexible comic magnets, including erasable backgrounds and speech balloons.
Source: New York magazine
Techno Source Glow Crazy Doodle Dome
Better than a pillow fort? This unique indoor tent affords your “little Picassos” some privacy while they draw masterpieces on the walls using a light wand. “When the art fades, it’s time to start all over again.” Stencils are included.
Source: Good Housekeeping
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week