Guatemalan authorities arrested security-software pioneer John McAfee for illegally entering the country, and said they would expel him to neighboring Belize as early as Thursday. Police in Belize want to question McAfee in the murder of his neighbor and fellow American expatriate Gregory Faull, who had complained about McAfee's barking dogs. McAfee fled when police showed up at his seaside compound, triggering a bizarre, tech-era manhunt in which McAfee, armed with dozens of cell phone accounts, eluded Belize authorities for 23 days while posting blog entries and sending out messages via Twitter before slipping over the border into Guatemala this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week