uatemalan authorities arrested security-software pioneer John McAfee for illegally entering the country, and said they would expel him to neighboring Belize as early as Thursday. Police in Belize want to question McAfee in the murder of his neighbor and fellow American expatriate Gregory Faull, who had complained about McAfee's barking dogs. McAfee fled when police showed up at his seaside compound, triggering a bizarre, tech-era manhunt in which McAfee, armed with dozens of cell phone accounts, eluded Belize authorities for 23 days while posting blog entries and sending out messages via Twitter before slipping over the border into Guatemala this week.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' 'white Santa' claim
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How the budget deal could pave the way for immigration reform
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- 10 things you need to know today: December 13, 2013
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- What one thing can determine whether or not you're successful in life?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
Subscribe to the Week