Earlier this week, President Obama took to Twitter to answer people's questions about the fiscal cliff, part of an effort to shore up public support for his push to help close the budget deficit by raising taxes on the wealthy. The president signed each tweet with "bo" to indicate that he was personally responding, but any suspicions that an anonymous staffer was at the helm have now been put to rest: The White House has released a video of Obama tapping away at a laptop and acting like a typical Twitter neophyte. "Oh, I gotta get the hashtag," he says at one point. Another highlight: "There we go! My tweet has been posted," says the president of the United States. "That's what I'm talking about!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week