Earlier this week, President Obama took to Twitter to answer people's questions about the fiscal cliff, part of an effort to shore up public support for his push to help close the budget deficit by raising taxes on the wealthy. The president signed each tweet with "bo" to indicate that he was personally responding, but any suspicions that an anonymous staffer was at the helm have now been put to rest: The White House has released a video of Obama tapping away at a laptop and acting like a typical Twitter neophyte. "Oh, I gotta get the hashtag," he says at one point. Another highlight: "There we go! My tweet has been posted," says the president of the United States. "That's what I'm talking about!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week