Earlier this week, President Obama took to Twitter to answer people's questions about the fiscal cliff, part of an effort to shore up public support for his push to help close the budget deficit by raising taxes on the wealthy. The president signed each tweet with "bo" to indicate that he was personally responding, but any suspicions that an anonymous staffer was at the helm have now been put to rest: The White House has released a video of Obama tapping away at a laptop and acting like a typical Twitter neophyte. "Oh, I gotta get the hashtag," he says at one point. Another highlight: "There we go! My tweet has been posted," says the president of the United States. "That's what I'm talking about!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week