Earlier this week, President Obama took to Twitter to answer people's questions about the fiscal cliff, part of an effort to shore up public support for his push to help close the budget deficit by raising taxes on the wealthy. The president signed each tweet with "bo" to indicate that he was personally responding, but any suspicions that an anonymous staffer was at the helm have now been put to rest: The White House has released a video of Obama tapping away at a laptop and acting like a typical Twitter neophyte. "Oh, I gotta get the hashtag," he says at one point. Another highlight: "There we go! My tweet has been posted," says the president of the United States. "That's what I'm talking about!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
Subscribe to the Week