Earlier this week, President Obama took to Twitter to answer people's questions about the fiscal cliff, part of an effort to shore up public support for his push to help close the budget deficit by raising taxes on the wealthy. The president signed each tweet with "bo" to indicate that he was personally responding, but any suspicions that an anonymous staffer was at the helm have now been put to rest: The White House has released a video of Obama tapping away at a laptop and acting like a typical Twitter neophyte. "Oh, I gotta get the hashtag," he says at one point. Another highlight: "There we go! My tweet has been posted," says the president of the United States. "That's what I'm talking about!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Incheon: the next white elephant city
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week