Reinventing New York City's phone booths
Just 15 years ago, New York City had 35,000 phone booths. In the smartphone era, Gotham has just 11,000. What should we do with them?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week