im DeMint, the conservative senator from South Carolina, is stepping down to head up the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. While DeMint had announced that he would not seek a third term in 2016, his move comes as a surprise, and will require South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) to appoint a replacement before a special election is held in 2014. DeMint, a Tea Party favorite, has been a leading figure of the conservative movement, and an occasional thorn in the side of the Republican Party, backing several far-right primary candidates for the Senate that have gone on to lose their general election races.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- The secrets of happy families
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week