here are snubs and then there are epic snubs. When the Grammy committee released its 2013 list of nominees — including Taylor Swift, Frank Ocean, and the Black Keys — it triggered a Twitter crusade of incensed Justin Bieber fans who are furious that the pop star's third album, Believe, failed to nab any nominations. Here, selected tweets from 21 aggrieved Beliebers who refuse to take the insult to their idol lying down:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week