ot everyone was pleased to see Kim Kardashian when she visited Bahrain last week, said CNN.com. The reality-TV star was greeted by Muslim protesters with anti-Kardashian placards during a promotional stunt in the Persian Gulf kingdom. Local newspaper reports claimed that 100 Shiite protesters were tear-gassed by local police, though event organizer Sheeraz Hasan denied that there had been any negative reaction to Kardashian, whose fame originated from a sex tape she made in 2007. “Kim Kardashian loved by the people of Bahrain & wants to return!!” he tweeted this week.
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 reasons to never ever ever vacation on a cruise ship
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
Subscribe to the Week