Not everyone was pleased to see Kim Kardashian when she visited Bahrain last week, said CNN.com. The reality-TV star was greeted by Muslim protesters with anti-Kardashian placards during a promotional stunt in the Persian Gulf kingdom. Local newspaper reports claimed that 100 Shiite protesters were tear-gassed by local police, though event organizer Sheeraz Hasan denied that there had been any negative reaction to Kardashian, whose fame originated from a sex tape she made in 2007. “Kim Kardashian loved by the people of Bahrain & wants to return!!” he tweeted this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week