Not everyone was pleased to see Kim Kardashian when she visited Bahrain last week, said CNN.com. The reality-TV star was greeted by Muslim protesters with anti-Kardashian placards during a promotional stunt in the Persian Gulf kingdom. Local newspaper reports claimed that 100 Shiite protesters were tear-gassed by local police, though event organizer Sheeraz Hasan denied that there had been any negative reaction to Kardashian, whose fame originated from a sex tape she made in 2007. “Kim Kardashian loved by the people of Bahrain & wants to return!!” he tweeted this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week