Not everyone was pleased to see Kim Kardashian when she visited Bahrain last week, said CNN.com. The reality-TV star was greeted by Muslim protesters with anti-Kardashian placards during a promotional stunt in the Persian Gulf kingdom. Local newspaper reports claimed that 100 Shiite protesters were tear-gassed by local police, though event organizer Sheeraz Hasan denied that there had been any negative reaction to Kardashian, whose fame originated from a sex tape she made in 2007. “Kim Kardashian loved by the people of Bahrain & wants to return!!” he tweeted this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week