Kate Middleton's private nurse at King Edward VII Hospital, identified by Scotland Yard as Jacintha Saldanha, was found dead Friday of an apparent suicide. On Wednesday morning, Saldanha was pranked by two Australian radio DJs who pretended to be Prince Charles and the Queen seeking info about the Duchess' condition after she was admitted with acute morning sickness due to her recently announced pregnancy. The stunt quickly went viral, and the radio station apologized for the prank. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge released a statement saying they were "deeply saddened" by the nurse's death. Saldanha, an employee of the hospital for four years, leaves behind a husband and two children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- The militarization of America’s police
Subscribe to the Week