Egyptian protesters took to the streets in response to a power grab by President Mohamed Morsi, raising concerns that the country's fledgling democracy could be on the brink of collapse. Among other issues, Morsi is forging ahead with a referendum on a new constitution drafted by his Islamist allies, prompting accusations that Morsi is trying to turn Egypt into an autocratic theocracy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
Subscribe to the Week