The Supreme Court on Friday agreed to hear challenges to California's ban on same-sex marriages and the Defense of Marriage Act, thrusting the court into the center of the debate over gay rights. The conservative-leaning court is expected to hand down a decision by the end of its term in the summer of 2013.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
Subscribe to the Week