he Supreme Court on Friday agreed to hear challenges to California's ban on same-sex marriages and the Defense of Marriage Act, thrusting the court into the center of the debate over gay rights. The conservative-leaning court is expected to hand down a decision by the end of its term in the summer of 2013.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week