1. The Royal Fetus
This week it was revealed that Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, was very royally with child. Comedian Anne Victoria Clarke had the prescience to snatch up the handle of the inevitable @RoyalFetus Twitter account nearly 600 days ago and is busily tweeting in the guise of the noble embryo. (Via The Atlantic Wire)
2. DMX sings "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer"
Christmas came early when rapper DMX's rendition of the cheery classic went viral Monday. What?
3. The best Transformer ever
The problem with Hasbro's metamorphosing line of toys is that you have to effect the transformation yourself piece by piece. No more, said one inventor, who recently unveiled a car-robot hybrid that you can transform at the press of a button. Watch for yourself:
5. Parks and Recreation join the Indianapolis Colts
Pawnee's ensemble of funny men joined the Indianapolis Colts for an enigmatically intriguing photo op. (Via Facebook)
6. Famous photos turned into selfies
What if some of the most famous photos through history had been snapped by the subjects themselves? A clever Photoshopper accepts the challenge. (See more at Imgur)
7. Mariah Carey, Jimmy Fallon, and The Roots sing "All I Want for Christmas Is You"
Not to be outdone by Carly Rae Jepsen — who collaborated with Jimmy Fallon's house band, the Roots, on a version of "Call Me Maybe" backed entirely by instruments typically found in a grade-school music classroom — the Diva of all divas joins the late night band for a new spin on her modern Christmas classic.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week