1. The Royal Fetus
This week it was revealed that Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, was very royally with child. Comedian Anne Victoria Clarke had the prescience to snatch up the handle of the inevitable @RoyalFetus Twitter account nearly 600 days ago and is busily tweeting in the guise of the noble embryo. (Via The Atlantic Wire)
2. DMX sings "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer"
Christmas came early when rapper DMX's rendition of the cheery classic went viral Monday. What?
3. The best Transformer ever
The problem with Hasbro's metamorphosing line of toys is that you have to effect the transformation yourself piece by piece. No more, said one inventor, who recently unveiled a car-robot hybrid that you can transform at the press of a button. Watch for yourself:
5. Parks and Recreation join the Indianapolis Colts
Pawnee's ensemble of funny men joined the Indianapolis Colts for an enigmatically intriguing photo op. (Via Facebook)
6. Famous photos turned into selfies
What if some of the most famous photos through history had been snapped by the subjects themselves? A clever Photoshopper accepts the challenge. (See more at Imgur)
7. Mariah Carey, Jimmy Fallon, and The Roots sing "All I Want for Christmas Is You"
Not to be outdone by Carly Rae Jepsen — who collaborated with Jimmy Fallon's house band, the Roots, on a version of "Call Me Maybe" backed entirely by instruments typically found in a grade-school music classroom — the Diva of all divas joins the late night band for a new spin on her modern Christmas classic.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week