The YouTube sensation known as Psy, whose video "Gangnam Style" recently became the most watched clip ever, reportedly once performed an anti-American song in South Korea in 2004, calling for the murder of "fucking Yankees" to protest the U.S. presence in Iraq. Psy also reportedly smashed a miniature "American tank" onstage in 2002 to protest the presence of American troops in South Korea. On Friday, he apologized, saying, "I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world... I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
Subscribe to the Week