The YouTube sensation known as Psy, whose video "Gangnam Style" recently became the most watched clip ever, reportedly once performed an anti-American song in South Korea in 2004, calling for the murder of "fucking Yankees" to protest the U.S. presence in Iraq. Psy also reportedly smashed a miniature "American tank" onstage in 2002 to protest the presence of American troops in South Korea. On Friday, he apologized, saying, "I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world... I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week