Mexican fighter Juan Manuel Marquez knocked out Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao during the sixth round of their matchup in Las Vegas on Saturday. It was the first time in Pacquiao's 17-year career that he has ever been knocked out. The fight was also the first real loss for Pacquiao in seven years. He technically lost a close decision to Timothy Bradley in his last fight in June, but most ringside observers believed he had won it fairly convincingly.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week