Mexican fighter Juan Manuel Marquez knocked out Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao during the sixth round of their matchup in Las Vegas on Saturday. It was the first time in Pacquiao's 17-year career that he has ever been knocked out. The fight was also the first real loss for Pacquiao in seven years. He technically lost a close decision to Timothy Bradley in his last fight in June, but most ringside observers believed he had won it fairly convincingly.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
Subscribe to the Week