Mexican fighter Juan Manuel Marquez knocked out Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao during the sixth round of their matchup in Las Vegas on Saturday. It was the first time in Pacquiao's 17-year career that he has ever been knocked out. The fight was also the first real loss for Pacquiao in seven years. He technically lost a close decision to Timothy Bradley in his last fight in June, but most ringside observers believed he had won it fairly convincingly.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week