Mexican fighter Juan Manuel Marquez knocked out Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao during the sixth round of their matchup in Las Vegas on Saturday. It was the first time in Pacquiao's 17-year career that he has ever been knocked out. The fight was also the first real loss for Pacquiao in seven years. He technically lost a close decision to Timothy Bradley in his last fight in June, but most ringside observers believed he had won it fairly convincingly.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week