ormer South African President Nelson Mandela was admitted to the hospital Saturday for testing. The 94-year-old anti-apartheid icon was "comfortable and in good care" as of Sunday, said a spokesman, but no specific details were given about the kind of tests Mandela is undergoing. Mandela, who spent 27 years in prison for fighting racist white rule, became South Africa's first black president in 1994 and served one five-year term.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Your financial to-do list for December
- The executioners' lament
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week