ormer South African President Nelson Mandela was admitted to the hospital Saturday for testing. The 94-year-old anti-apartheid icon was "comfortable and in good care" as of Sunday, said a spokesman, but no specific details were given about the kind of tests Mandela is undergoing. Mandela, who spent 27 years in prison for fighting racist white rule, became South Africa's first black president in 1994 and served one five-year term.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- When will the Big One strike California?
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week