exican-American singer Jenni Rivera and six others died early Sunday when her tour jet crashed in Northern Mexico. The wreckage was found Sunday afternoon, and aviation investigators are still trying to determine the cause of the crash. Rivera, a mother of five, was famous for performing Norteña and Banda music. She also had her own reality show, I Love Jenni, on Telemundo's mun2 network, and had just signed on with ABC to star in a sitcom about "a strong, middle-class, single Latina woman working to raise a family using unique parenting skills, while struggling to run a family business and navigate her extended, co-dependent relatives — all while fighting the cultural perception that she needs a man to do it."
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Battle in a blizzard
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week