Newark Mayor Cory Booker revealed Sunday that he is mulling a run for New Jersey governor — and for U.S. Senate. "I am absolutely considering running for governor, as well as giving other options some consideration. I'm going to be focused on that for the next week to ten days or so," he told CBS' Face The Nation. When asked specifically whether he was also considering a Senate run, he confirmed that he is. Should Booker run for governor in 2013, he would be going against Republican incumbent Chris Christie, who has seen a surge in popularity polls following his efforts to address the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in his state.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
Subscribe to the Week