Newark Mayor Cory Booker revealed Sunday that he is mulling a run for New Jersey governor — and for U.S. Senate. "I am absolutely considering running for governor, as well as giving other options some consideration. I'm going to be focused on that for the next week to ten days or so," he told CBS' Face The Nation. When asked specifically whether he was also considering a Senate run, he confirmed that he is. Should Booker run for governor in 2013, he would be going against Republican incumbent Chris Christie, who has seen a surge in popularity polls following his efforts to address the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in his state.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
Subscribe to the Week