ewark Mayor Cory Booker revealed Sunday that he is mulling a run for New Jersey governor — and for U.S. Senate. "I am absolutely considering running for governor, as well as giving other options some consideration. I'm going to be focused on that for the next week to ten days or so," he told CBS' Face The Nation. When asked specifically whether he was also considering a Senate run, he confirmed that he is. Should Booker run for governor in 2013, he would be going against Republican incumbent Chris Christie, who has seen a surge in popularity polls following his efforts to address the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in his state.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week