t a campaign-style rally in Redford, Mich., President Obama on Monday blasted a so-called "right-to-work" bill making its way through the GOP-controlled state legislature that would allow workers at unionized companies to opt out of union membership or paying dues. Critics say the move would weaken the unions, and Obama argued that the bill was essentially about "giving you the right to work for less money." Obama was in Michigan to shore up public support for his proposal to raise taxes on the wealthy, but Michigan's right-to-work bill, which has the support of Republican Gov. Rick Snyder, has become a source of outrage for many on the left.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week