ope Benedict XVI posted his first official tweet to his 660,000 followers on Wednesday. The message read: "Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter. Thank you for your generous response. I bless all of you from my heart." The brief note was retweeted more than 9,000 times within 15 minutes, and "favorited" more than 2,500 times. The Vatican announced in early December that the Pope was going to start tweeting to engage more directly with the world's 1-billion-plus Catholics, especially young ones. He's going to be tweeting in several languages, including English and Arabic.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
Subscribe to the Week