The Tuesday afternoon shooting at the Clackamas Town Center mall in Portland, Ore., which left three people dead including the masked gunman, appears to have been an act of blind rampage, authorities said. "It did not appear as though he was targeting any specific individuals," Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts told NBC News. The perpetrator shot and killed two people and wounded a third person before fatally shooting himself. The name of the shooter and the murdered victims was to be released at a press conference on Wednesday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
Subscribe to the Week