The Tuesday afternoon shooting at the Clackamas Town Center mall in Portland, Ore., which left three people dead including the masked gunman, appears to have been an act of blind rampage, authorities said. "It did not appear as though he was targeting any specific individuals," Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts told NBC News. The perpetrator shot and killed two people and wounded a third person before fatally shooting himself. The name of the shooter and the murdered victims was to be released at a press conference on Wednesday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Saudi Arabia is trying to sabotage America's shale oil boom
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The week's best photojournalism
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
Subscribe to the Week