The Tuesday afternoon shooting at the Clackamas Town Center mall in Portland, Ore., which left three people dead including the masked gunman, appears to have been an act of blind rampage, authorities said. "It did not appear as though he was targeting any specific individuals," Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts told NBC News. The perpetrator shot and killed two people and wounded a third person before fatally shooting himself. The name of the shooter and the murdered victims was to be released at a press conference on Wednesday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week