The Tuesday afternoon shooting at the Clackamas Town Center mall in Portland, Ore., which left three people dead including the masked gunman, appears to have been an act of blind rampage, authorities said. "It did not appear as though he was targeting any specific individuals," Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts told NBC News. The perpetrator shot and killed two people and wounded a third person before fatally shooting himself. The name of the shooter and the murdered victims was to be released at a press conference on Wednesday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week