The Tuesday afternoon shooting at the Clackamas Town Center mall in Portland, Ore., which left three people dead including the masked gunman, appears to have been an act of blind rampage, authorities said. "It did not appear as though he was targeting any specific individuals," Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts told NBC News. The perpetrator shot and killed two people and wounded a third person before fatally shooting himself. The name of the shooter and the murdered victims was to be released at a press conference on Wednesday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week