Google has released its Maps app for the iPhone 5, after Apple controversially replaced the app with its own mapping software when it released the latest generation of the smartphone. Google's app introduces functions that were previously restricted to Android devices, including voice guided turn-by-turn directions, estimated travel times, and indoor panoramic images of buildings that have signed up to its Street View Business Photos service.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week