Google has released its Maps app for the iPhone 5, after Apple controversially replaced the app with its own mapping software when it released the latest generation of the smartphone. Google's app introduces functions that were previously restricted to Android devices, including voice guided turn-by-turn directions, estimated travel times, and indoor panoramic images of buildings that have signed up to its Street View Business Photos service.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week