Google has released its Maps app for the iPhone 5, after Apple controversially replaced the app with its own mapping software when it released the latest generation of the smartphone. Google's app introduces functions that were previously restricted to Android devices, including voice guided turn-by-turn directions, estimated travel times, and indoor panoramic images of buildings that have signed up to its Street View Business Photos service.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week