How Republicans engineered a massive defeat for Michigan's unions
It might seem like the Wolverine State's right-to-work law came out of the blue. Not so
Pro-union protesters gather in 2011 to protest Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder's budget cuts.
Bill Pugliano/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to deep fry a turkey
Subscribe to the Week