Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: CNN has tapped former NBC Universal chief Jeff Zucker to engineer a ratings revival. Help Jeff out, and come up with the name of a provocative new nightly program to compete with Fox and MSNBC and catapult CNN to the top of the cable-news head.
THE WINNER: Psychic News Hour: Tomorrow's Headlines Today
Raymond Smith, Lynn, MA
SECOND PLACE: The Bill O'Reilly-Chris Matthews Death Match
Kitty Howard, Blythewood, SC
THIRD PLACE: All Lindsay All the Time
Mort Oakes, Dover, PA
Deport Piers Morgan: Watch the former Murdoch employee try to stay in the U.S.
McCracken Poston, Ringgold, GA
The Expanding Mid-Section: Political News for Most of America
Aaron Rosenthal, San Francisco, CA
Two and a Half Minutes (Refers to average time between commercials)
Richard Grossman, Wilmington, DE
Headline News with Conan O’Bri…wait, scratch that…with Jay Leno
Jason Dikes, Leander, TX
America's Got Pundits
Raven Deerwater, Mendocino, CA
The Real Ex-Housewives of Larry King
Angela James, Westminster, MD
Anderson Boo Boo 180
Rebecca Behenna, Cohasset, MA
"Anchors Away!" - America Picks The Next Wolf Blitzer
Randall Butler, Ventura CA
See Ann Ann (Curry, that is)
Jagdish Dalal, Avon, CT
Oh No You Didn't: Today's Top 40 Most Offensive Tweets
Dallas Lea, Poughkeepsie, NY
Nate Silver Predicts!
Len Elliott, Auburn, WA
The Piers Morgan Dunk Tank
Charles & Mary Parry, Catonsville, MD
Beck and Maddow and O'Brien and Leno: The Race to the Center
Mark Wernick, Houston, TX
News with the Stars
Steve Michaelecki, Lincoln, NE
Too Much Information
Paul Witte, New Hope, PA
Tupac Hologram Raps the News
Vernon K. Severson, Portland, OR
The Loudest Shouting: Experts Screaming Opinions at FULL VOLUME
Michael Slawski, Fairfax, VA
The Daily Fear Factor
Judy Takats, Nashville, TN
"The Week" on TV
Daniel Davis, Encinco, CA
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
Subscribe to the Week