The Pentagon has said it will send Patriot air defense missiles and 400 troops to Turkey as part of a NATO effort meant to protect Turkey from a potential Syrian missile attack. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta signed the order on Friday en route to Turkey from Afghanistan. Panetta has not mentioned how soon the missiles will be deployed nor how long they will remain in Turkey.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Confessions of a hotel insider
Subscribe to the Week