The Pentagon has said it will send Patriot air defense missiles and 400 troops to Turkey as part of a NATO effort meant to protect Turkey from a potential Syrian missile attack. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta signed the order on Friday en route to Turkey from Afghanistan. Panetta has not mentioned how soon the missiles will be deployed nor how long they will remain in Turkey.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why I got married — without a wedding
Subscribe to the Week