he Pentagon has said it will send Patriot air defense missiles and 400 troops to Turkey as part of a NATO effort meant to protect Turkey from a potential Syrian missile attack. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta signed the order on Friday en route to Turkey from Afghanistan. Panetta has not mentioned how soon the missiles will be deployed nor how long they will remain in Turkey.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- How Captain America won over China
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week