The Pentagon has said it will send Patriot air defense missiles and 400 troops to Turkey as part of a NATO effort meant to protect Turkey from a potential Syrian missile attack. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta signed the order on Friday en route to Turkey from Afghanistan. Panetta has not mentioned how soon the missiles will be deployed nor how long they will remain in Turkey.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
Subscribe to the Week