Shortly after 9 a.m. Friday, a shooting at The Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. left multiple people dead, including several children. The suspected gunman, described as a man in his early 20s, has also been confirmed dead. Accounts of how many people have been shot and killed vary, but CNN is reporting that between 18 and 20 children are among the victims. The reports are rolling in through social media:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
Subscribe to the Week