hortly after 9 a.m. Friday, a shooting at The Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. left multiple people dead, including several children. The suspected gunman, described as a man in his early 20s, has also been confirmed dead. Accounts of how many people have been shot and killed vary, but CNN is reporting that between 18 and 20 children are among the victims. The reports are rolling in through social media:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week