Shortly after 9 a.m. Friday, a shooting at The Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. left multiple people dead, including several children. The suspected gunman, described as a man in his early 20s, has also been confirmed dead. Accounts of how many people have been shot and killed vary, but CNN is reporting that between 18 and 20 children are among the victims. The reports are rolling in through social media:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week