A gunman allegedly opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., on Friday morning, leaving more than two dozen people dead — many of them children. As one of the largest school tragedies in U.S. history unfolds, read our coverage culled from social media, or watch NBC's live coverage below for the latest news and updates.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week