A gunman allegedly opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., on Friday morning, leaving more than two dozen people dead — many of them children. As one of the largest school tragedies in U.S. history unfolds, read our coverage culled from social media, or watch NBC's live coverage below for the latest news and updates.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week