UPDATE: President Obama has finished speaking. See video of his remarks here.
The Associated Press reports that 27 people, including 18 children, were killed on Friday morning in a school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut. The suspect, who was found dead at the scene, has been identified by CNN as 24-year-old Ryan Lanza. President Obama will address the shooting from the White House at 3:15 p.m. Watch live:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week