UPDATE: President Obama has finished speaking. See video of his remarks here.
The Associated Press reports that 27 people, including 18 children, were killed on Friday morning in a school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut. The suspect, who was found dead at the scene, has been identified by CNN as 24-year-old Ryan Lanza. President Obama will address the shooting from the White House at 3:15 p.m. Watch live:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week