Police have identified Adam Lanza as the suspected shooter who allegedly killed 20 children and several adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, on Friday. The New York Times says police have also questioned his brother, Ryan Lanza, who had been previously identified by numerous media outlets as the shooter. Adam Lanza is alleged to have begun his rampage at home, where he killed his mother, before going to the kindergarten classroom where his mother taught, killing many children inside. Lanza himself is also dead, reportedly turning his gun on himself.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week