Police have identified Adam Lanza as the suspected shooter who allegedly killed 20 children and several adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, on Friday. The New York Times says police have also questioned his brother, Ryan Lanza, who had been previously identified by numerous media outlets as the shooter. Adam Lanza is alleged to have begun his rampage at home, where he killed his mother, before going to the kindergarten classroom where his mother taught, killing many children inside. Lanza himself is also dead, reportedly turning his gun on himself.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week