Police have identified Adam Lanza as the suspected shooter who allegedly killed 20 children and several adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, on Friday. The New York Times says police have also questioned his brother, Ryan Lanza, who had been previously identified by numerous media outlets as the shooter. Adam Lanza is alleged to have begun his rampage at home, where he killed his mother, before going to the kindergarten classroom where his mother taught, killing many children inside. Lanza himself is also dead, reportedly turning his gun on himself.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week