Kramer accidentally restarts the Occupy movement. Jerry's new girlfriend (Emily Mortimer) watches Fox News. George offends a black coworker.
— Modern Seinfeld (@SeinfeldToday) December 11, 2012
2. The rise of the Ikea Monkey
Ikea is known for lots of things. Cheap coffee tables. Colorful showrooms. Swedish meatballs. But monkeys, especially monkeys wearing stylish coats, don't typically come to mind. The friendly primate was recently found lurking in the parking lot of an Ikea in Toronto, quickly stealing the internet's heart and spawning dozens of memes in the process. This is the one we liked best. (Via Buzzfeed, Facebook)
3. Boy splashes in puddle. Dog waits.
Sometimes you just have to get your feet wet. 10/10 on the adorable scale. (Via Huffington Post)
5. Dogs in space
This near-perfect Tumblr combines a few of the internet's favorite things. Namely: Dogs, outer-space, and lasers.
6. The Huffington Post publishes the best article ever
Arianna Huffington's news monster accidentally publishes what's apparently a test article populated by dummy text (hipster ipsum) with a preponderance of trendy references (gastropub, kale chips, forage). The post has since been taken down, but luckily we grabbed a screen shot.
7. Cat(s) of the week
Two feline pals hug one another, concluding what's been a pretty rough week. (Via Imgur)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week