Law enforcement officials have confirmed that 20 children were killed Friday by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. The original death count of 18 was revised after two additional children died from their wounds in the hospital. The number of adults killed was six, or seven if you include the shooter, who was found dead at the scene. News organizations have identified 20-year-old Adam Lanza as the suspected gunman.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week