Law enforcement officials have confirmed that 20 children were killed Friday by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. The original death count of 18 was revised after two additional children died from their wounds in the hospital. The number of adults killed was six, or seven if you include the shooter, who was found dead at the scene. News organizations have identified 20-year-old Adam Lanza as the suspected gunman.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week