Law enforcement officials have confirmed that 20 children were killed Friday by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. The original death count of 18 was revised after two additional children died from their wounds in the hospital. The number of adults killed was six, or seven if you include the shooter, who was found dead at the scene. News organizations have identified 20-year-old Adam Lanza as the suspected gunman.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Why insects are the future of food
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week