Law enforcement officials have confirmed that 20 children were killed Friday by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. The original death count of 18 was revised after two additional children died from their wounds in the hospital. The number of adults killed was six, or seven if you include the shooter, who was found dead at the scene. News organizations have identified 20-year-old Adam Lanza as the suspected gunman.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week