Was Jesus really born on Dec. 25?
Or do we celebrate Christmas on that date because of the Pagans?
Pope Benedict XVI kneels to pray in front of the traditional nativity scene, in St. peter's square, December 31, 2009.
Franco Origlia/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week