Was Jesus really born on Dec. 25?
Or do we celebrate Christmas on that date because of the Pagans?
Pope Benedict XVI kneels to pray in front of the traditional nativity scene, in St. peter's square, December 31, 2009.
Franco Origlia/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week