BAD DAY FOR: Good intentions, as California recalled 300,000 Chinese-made lunchboxes it had passed out to promote healthy eating. At least some of the lunch coolers contained unsafe levels of lead. “It's unfortunate that an item we’re using hopefully to promote healthy behavior is discovered itself to be a potential health hazard,” said state health director Dr. Mark Horton. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required)
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
- The executioners' lament
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week