From political doomsday ditties to futuristic imaginings of the apocalypse, musicians have long been penning songs for the end of days. With yet another doomsday forecast targeting Dec. 21 as the big kick-off date, shall we, in the immortal words of Britney Spears, "dance 'til the world ends"? Whether you'd prefer to brood about The End with the Doors, recklessly sip Jack with Ke$ha, or slow dance your way to impending doom with Aerosmith, here is The Week's first (and perhaps last) playlist of classic songs about the end of the world:
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- 10 things you need to know today: December 13, 2013
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- What one thing can determine whether or not you're successful in life?
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
Subscribe to the Week