Why do we celebrate Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve but not other holidays' eves?
St. Patrick's Day Eve, anyone?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
Subscribe to the Week