National Rifle Association president David Keene, executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, and former Rep. Asa Hutchinson revealed plans on Friday for a National Model School Shield Program, which proposes putting armed guards in schools across the country in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre. Read more about the NRA's contentious press conference here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week