National Rifle Association president David Keene, executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, and former Rep. Asa Hutchinson revealed plans on Friday for a National Model School Shield Program, which proposes putting armed guards in schools across the country in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre. Read more about the NRA's contentious press conference here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
Subscribe to the Week