National Rifle Association president David Keene, executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, and former Rep. Asa Hutchinson revealed plans on Friday for a National Model School Shield Program, which proposes putting armed guards in schools across the country in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre. Read more about the NRA's contentious press conference here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week