National Rifle Association president David Keene, executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, and former Rep. Asa Hutchinson revealed plans on Friday for a National Model School Shield Program, which proposes putting armed guards in schools across the country in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre. Read more about the NRA's contentious press conference here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week