2. Look out below! (Via Tumblr)
More rock-solid proof of our impending doom.
3. Nice guys of OK Cupid
You know the saying "nice guys finish last"? Maybe it's because they're not really such nice guys after all. (Via Tumblr)
4. George Takei reads Fifty Shades of Grey
"Oh my." (Via Gawker)
5. MySpace Tom gets the last laugh
The social network veteran schools a quippy stranger on Twitter. The poor guy deleted his account soon after. (Via Twitter)
6. The New York Times' "Snow Fall" story
This incredible multimedia feature by Times reporter John Branch tells the terrifying tale of skiers caught in an avalanche, elevating storytelling on the web to new heights. (Via The New York Times)
7. Cat of the week
Happy holidays, everyone! (Via Imgur)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week