2. Look out below! (Via Tumblr)
More rock-solid proof of our impending doom.
3. Nice guys of OK Cupid
You know the saying "nice guys finish last"? Maybe it's because they're not really such nice guys after all. (Via Tumblr)
4. George Takei reads Fifty Shades of Grey
"Oh my." (Via Gawker)
5. MySpace Tom gets the last laugh
The social network veteran schools a quippy stranger on Twitter. The poor guy deleted his account soon after. (Via Twitter)
6. The New York Times' "Snow Fall" story
This incredible multimedia feature by Times reporter John Branch tells the terrifying tale of skiers caught in an avalanche, elevating storytelling on the web to new heights. (Via The New York Times)
7. Cat of the week
Happy holidays, everyone! (Via Imgur)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week