2. Look out below! (Via Tumblr)
More rock-solid proof of our impending doom.
3. Nice guys of OK Cupid
You know the saying "nice guys finish last"? Maybe it's because they're not really such nice guys after all. (Via Tumblr)
4. George Takei reads Fifty Shades of Grey
"Oh my." (Via Gawker)
5. MySpace Tom gets the last laugh
The social network veteran schools a quippy stranger on Twitter. The poor guy deleted his account soon after. (Via Twitter)
6. The New York Times' "Snow Fall" story
This incredible multimedia feature by Times reporter John Branch tells the terrifying tale of skiers caught in an avalanche, elevating storytelling on the web to new heights. (Via The New York Times)
7. Cat of the week
Happy holidays, everyone! (Via Imgur)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- What Pope John Paul II could have learned from Sinead O'Connor
Subscribe to the Week