2. Look out below! (Via Tumblr)
More rock-solid proof of our impending doom.
3. Nice guys of OK Cupid
You know the saying "nice guys finish last"? Maybe it's because they're not really such nice guys after all. (Via Tumblr)
4. George Takei reads Fifty Shades of Grey
"Oh my." (Via Gawker)
5. MySpace Tom gets the last laugh
The social network veteran schools a quippy stranger on Twitter. The poor guy deleted his account soon after. (Via Twitter)
6. The New York Times' "Snow Fall" story
This incredible multimedia feature by Times reporter John Branch tells the terrifying tale of skiers caught in an avalanche, elevating storytelling on the web to new heights. (Via The New York Times)
7. Cat of the week
Happy holidays, everyone! (Via Imgur)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Incheon: the next white elephant city
Subscribe to the Week