Why Obama isn't caving on the fiscal cliff
The president has talked a lot about bipartisanship. And in this fight, he's determined to squeeze it out of the GOP
President Barack Obama at the first presidential debate last week in Denver: Andrew Sullivan argues that Obama's disastrous performance may have cost him the election.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
Subscribe to the Week