We need to talk about Rihanna
Just like the rise of the Real Housewives and Honey Boo-Boo, Rihanna's saga implicates us all
Rihanna and Chris Brown perform in 2008, just months before Brown was arrested for assaulting his then-girlfriend on their way to the 2009 Grammys.
Scott Gries/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week