Americans favor more gun laws, not gun bans
Public opinion regarding gun control has changed greatly in the past year, no doubt largely due to the Newtown tragedy and a string of other mass shootings
The NYPD is developing a new type of scanner that allows police to find hidden guns without the need for frisking. Mark Karrass/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week