Americans favor more gun laws, not gun bans
Public opinion regarding gun control has changed greatly in the past year, no doubt largely due to the Newtown tragedy and a string of other mass shootings
The NYPD is developing a new type of scanner that allows police to find hidden guns without the need for frisking. Mark Karrass/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- The end of academic freedom?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
Subscribe to the Week