Americans favor more gun laws, not gun bans
Public opinion regarding gun control has changed greatly in the past year, no doubt largely due to the Newtown tragedy and a string of other mass shootings
The NYPD is developing a new type of scanner that allows police to find hidden guns without the need for frisking. Mark Karrass/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week