1. Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana allegedly split up
There's no silver lining for admirers of Silver Linings Playbook star Bradley Cooper and Star Trek's Zoe Saldana: The on-again/off-again couple, who met on the set of the September flop The Words, are allegedly off again, says The New York Post — and it sounds like this time may be for good. "If Zoe was upset over the split with Bradley, she didn't show it," says a source, which presumably means that Saldana hasn't been spotted blasting Taylor Swift albums on repeat.
2. Lindsay Lohan reportedly got paid $100,000 to party in London on New Year's Eve
Lindsay Lohan is such an experienced partier that she's managed to turn it into a side career. According to the New York Daily News, Brunei billionaire Haji Abdul Azim paid Lohan $100,000 to attend his New Year's Eve party in London, presumably because flushing money down the toilet takes too long. "Lindsay went because she's that desperate for a paycheck," sniped a source, failing to recognize that earning a paycheck for dancing and drinking for a few hours is a lot less embarrassing than earning a paycheck for starring in Liz & Dick.
3. Kim Kardashian can't get a pregnancy weight loss deal
All celebrity pregnancies are not created equal. The Huffington Post reports that despite Jessica Simpson's $4 million promotional deal to lose her baby weight using Weight Watchers, no such offer seems to be in the cards for the newly pregnant Kim Kardashian. "Kim would love to get a paid gig like Jessica, but so far no one is interested," says a source. Asked to comment on the premature snub, a Jenny Craig representative demurred, saying that the brand focuses on "real women" — so basically the opposite of Kardashian.
4. Jay-Z is allegedly scoring The Great Gatsby
The extremely unconventional use of Jay-Z and Kanye West's "No Church in the Wild" in the trailer for Baz Luhrmann's extremely unconventional film adaptation of The Great Gatsby may have been a sign of bigger things: The film will allegedly be scored by none other than Jay-Z, reports Hitfix. "Jay-Z and myself have been working tirelessly on the score for the upcoming #CLASSIC The Great Gatsby! It is too DOPE for words!" tweeted extremely emphatic Jay-Z collaborator The Bullitts. No additional details were available at press time, but we're crossing our fingers for a Hova-produced remix of "The Charleston."
5. Adam Lambert won't stop talking about Les Miserables
Having garnered unexpected media attention for tweeting about Les Miserables, American Idol alum Adam Lambert continued tweeting about Les Miserables, reports MTV News."U can spend a whole year praising artists for inspiring work, but one critique gets all the attention. Funny," complained the singer, who proceeded to tweet about Les Miserables five more times in 15 minutes. "I should probe stop fanning the flames on this one..but I love a good debate" — and also, perhaps, making headlines for the first time in months.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
Subscribe to the Week