Piers Morgan may have gotten more than he bargained for Monday night. The host of CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight invited radio host Alex Jones, the man behind a White House petition to have Morgan deported back to the United Kingdom, onto his show to have a conversation about Second Amendment gun rights. Morgan has been a vocal supporter of a nationwide ban on military style semi-automatic assault weapons, and Jones says he wants Morgan deported "for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."
What started with a simple question from Morgan ("Why do you want to deport me?") quickly escalated into a heated tirade from Jones, punctuated by lots of finger-pointing and fist-shaking. When Morgan tried to interrupt, Jones hollered, "1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms!” He went on to mock the host's British accent and, at one point, invited Morgan to a face him in a boxing match. Oh, and there was this:
You have hoards of people burning down cities and beating old women's brains out everyday. They arrest people in England if they defend themselves, that’s on record. My God, you have a total police state. Everybody is fleeing the country because — you’ve had to flee, bud. Yeah, you fled here. Why don’t you go back and face the charges for the hacking scandal?
"That's a ridiculous statement," Morgan responded.
Watch the first part of the interview above. And check out the second part here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week