prah Winfrey is set to interview Lance Armstrong on Jan. 17, stirring speculation that the disgraced cyclist will finally come clean on his alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs. Armstrong has strongly denied all accusations of doping, despite overwhelming evidence that led the United States Anti-Doping Agency to strip Armstrong of all seven of his Tour de France titles last year. The interview, which will be aired by the Oprah Winfrey Network on its flagship show Oprah's Next Chapter, comes amidst reports that Armstrong is considering admitting to doping use to rebuild his once-sterling reputation.
Whether Armstrong confesses or not, this will surely be one of Winfrey's most anticipated interviews, up there with the time she brought the hammer down on author James Frey after he admitted to fabricating parts of his memoir A Little Million Pieces.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
Subscribe to the Week