Who will replace David Plouffe in the White House?
Replacing Obama's top in-house communications adviser could very well be impossible
After running a winning 2008 campaign, David Plouffe is trying hard to help Team Obama woo independent voters and secure another four years in the White House.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Sex can't explain the culture war
Subscribe to the Week