Why the GOP should be hopeful about 2014
Midterm turnout rates are trending in Republicans' favor
Early voters fill out their ballots for the presidential election on Oct. 27 in Miami: In some states affected by Superstorm Sandy, early voting has been partially disrupted because of the storm's effects.
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week