It may seem to make little sense that “people are clamoring” to purchase a luxury safe for jewels and watches that’s designed to be toted about with a thin carrying strap. But because “there are very few ways of securely traveling with small valuables,” the customizable Guardian travel safe from Döttling of Germany “actually makes a bit of sense to buy.” Its handcrafted leather or crocodile skin wraps a cylinder of carbon fiber and polycarbonate that’s lightweight and extremely resistant to tampering. That flimsy strap needn’t be a worry: Each case also comes with a GPS tracker.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Why Microsoft was smart to spend $2.5 billion on a low-fi game based on computerized Lego blocks
Subscribe to the Week