It may seem to make little sense that “people are clamoring” to purchase a luxury safe for jewels and watches that’s designed to be toted about with a thin carrying strap. But because “there are very few ways of securely traveling with small valuables,” the customizable Guardian travel safe from Döttling of Germany “actually makes a bit of sense to buy.” Its handcrafted leather or crocodile skin wraps a cylinder of carbon fiber and polycarbonate that’s lightweight and extremely resistant to tampering. That flimsy strap needn’t be a worry: Each case also comes with a GPS tracker.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
Subscribe to the Week