It may seem to make little sense that “people are clamoring” to purchase a luxury safe for jewels and watches that’s designed to be toted about with a thin carrying strap. But because “there are very few ways of securely traveling with small valuables,” the customizable Guardian travel safe from Döttling of Germany “actually makes a bit of sense to buy.” Its handcrafted leather or crocodile skin wraps a cylinder of carbon fiber and polycarbonate that’s lightweight and extremely resistant to tampering. That flimsy strap needn’t be a worry: Each case also comes with a GPS tracker.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
Subscribe to the Week