1. Kriss Kross to reunite for a single performance
More than 20 years after Kriss Kross' "Jump" became one of the most durable (and inescapable) hits of the early 90s, the duo is reuniting for a single performance. The Hollywood Reporter says that Chris "Mac Daddy" Kelly and Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith — who have, regrettably, sworn off wearing their clothes backwards — will perform at a concert celebrating the 20th anniversary of So So Def Recordings in Atlanta next month. Will the duo perform "The Rugrats Rap"? Hope springs eternal.
2. Bradley Cooper allegedly rejected Taylor Swift
We're only a few weeks into 2013, but it's already been a tough year for celebrity couples, with both the Bradley Cooper/Zoe Saldana and Taylor Swift/Harry Styles unions coming to an end. And Swift's alleged attempt to play celebrity Mad Libs by hooking up with Cooper was reportedly thwarted by Cooper himself. Starpulse reports that Swift asked Cooper's Silver Linings Playbook co-star Jennifer Lawrence to introduce her to Cooper, but that the 38-year-old Cooper declined, saying that he thought the 23-year-old singer was "far too young for him." Fans can presumably look forward to Swift crooning "We Never (Ever Ever) Got Together" on her next album.
3. Nicole Kidman doesn't find urination shocking
Based on the buzz that surrounded Nicole Kidman's summer flop The Paperboy, the film might as well have just been called "that movie where Nicole Kidman pees on Zac Efron" — but according to Kidman, the film's notorious, widely discussed scene was overblown. "I just don't find urination shocking," says Kidman in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. "I felt shy singing in Moulin Rouge! But peeing — no, not shy." Adjust your expectations accordingly, casting directors.
4. Jessica Simpson offers details on upcoming sitcom
During a Tuesday appearance on The Tonight Show, Jessica Simpson offered more information on her upcoming, semi-autobiographical sitcom at NBC — and it sounds exactly as unpromising as expected. "We'll have actors playing [fiance Eric Johnson] and my dad. That'll be funny," insists Simpson at MTV News, as if the mere presence of actors playing people she knows is hilarious. "I will be playing myself, which is pretty easy." Let's hope so.
5. You can buy a wedding dress worn by Beyonce
Are you a huge Beyonce fan? Do you have $30,000 burning a hole in your pocket? Then you can be the one person on Earth who gets to chuckle at the irony of actually having the wedding dress worn by Beyonce in the video for "Best Thing I Never Had." Entertainment Weekly reports that the dress, which was originally worth $85,000, is currently for sale at a bridal resale website. The winning bidder can presumably have the dress shipped to them in any box they like, and not just the box on the left.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week